February 9, 2010

Remember

Remember those phone calls that lasted till 5AM? The same phone calls that got you grounded from the phone. Yeah, the same calls that sparked such irrational emotions. We would talk about the most irrelevant things like cheerleaders and cartoon characters. I guess its the little things that I remember most.

I remember how I met you. I remember what you wore. Or at least, what you didn't wear. I remember trying not to laugh at how all the girls were swooning over you and how you were oblivious to it. I introduced myself while trying to keep it cool. I remember the first time we went out. I had to spend the whole night untangling her nerves the night before. It was at KLCC, and we watched Twilight. There wasn't many choices on the movies but since you opted for it, I watched it anyway. Even though I've already watch it twice before that. I remember not telling you that. I remember where we went after that. Dome Cafe, where I ordered Earl Grey because... I've never really tasted Earl Grey before. I enjoyed listening to you, your stories and your views. I remember meeting your mom for the first time, in Isetan. I remember how you were trying to reach her, but your phone was whacked so you used mine even when your gigantic fingers couldn't press the keys. Yeah, those were the days. The days where there were only three of us.

I remember the second movie we watched; Australia. I wanted to watch it because Hugh Jackman stars in it. I remember how you laughed when I cried or how you wont stop throwing popcorn at me. I remember crashing a Christmas party. Though the part where some girls were crying for you in the pool was a little unexpected, I enjoyed myself otherwise. I remember the gift you got for me. I remember Patrick and company with their wine in the pool. I remember the stupid things all of us did after that. Yeah, very stupid.

Things started to change. I couldn't keep in contact much because I had school and I lived so far away. Things started happening and before I knew it, the three of us turned into two plus one. I really didn't mind. Not even a little but I remember how it turned out so disastrous later on. It was nice to know you had my back. It was nice to have things all back to normal. Well, what's close to normal, at least I remember how you'll rant about her friends in their short short booty shorts. We used to talk everyday, then it was just every week. We just exchanged simple hellos continued on. Yeah, things were different.

Then you got to know her. And you got to know them. And you changed. I remember the anger I felt, though now I think its rather stupid. Before I knew it, you were hanging out with them almost every week. They changed you and somehow, just a small part of me felt at lost. You weren't the same person anymore. I remember the other night, we played 20q's and maybe we said a little more that we should. I remember the last time you called. And I remember the last time I called you.

I remember the things you said. I remember my disappointment. I remember getting over it too because when I think about it, its so selfish of me to expect anything more. Maybe I just can't accept the fact that you've changed. You're just this person I don't know anymore. I called because I was concerned. Not a word from you I have heard in a little more than a month. The worst came into my head, but obviously I denied it. I wanted to tell you the bad thoughts I had in my head about you. I wanted you to know how much I hated your stupid change. But I didn't tell you and I guess you'll never know. You know how they say you'll realise when your friends change? Well it doesn't work for me. Change has a way of waltzing up to me and punching me right in the face.I hope you enjoy their company.

0 comments: